Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Thursday 20 December 2012

And here's the finished blanket....



Here's the baby blanket I blogged about last week.  I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.  Using two strands of dk wool together has made it thick, warm and very soft.  This type of diagonal knitted blanket doesn't always need an edging.  But I added one in cream to pull all the colours together.  This edging was simply one row of double crochet and 1 row of half treble crochet.  I'm ridiculously proud of myself for doing it as I am a novice at crochet.  My plan A was to do a shell edging, but there wasn't enough wool.  I will do it on another blanket in future instead.

I am definitely going to donate this to one of my favourite good causes.  It will keep one lucky baby very snug.

1 comment:

  1. It has turned out lovely Una and the crochet edging looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.