Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Friday 19 August 2016

Wow! Look what I just received....



This beautiful yarn arrived today.  It was sent to me by Kate at Loving Hands. This is the biggest online community of knitters, crocheters and sewers that I know about.  I was delighted when I came across it years ago.  There is a very active forum where many members log in every day for a chat. The group is heavily into making items for several charities, though there is no obligation to do this.  Many members are busy just making things for friends and family.

Occasionally, people send donations of yarn to Loving Hands.  When that happens, Kate puts a note on the forum inviting members to ask for it.  She then does her best to divide the yarn fairly among everyone who replies.  Loving Hands is a non-profit making organisation but still pays the postage costs which are very high in the UK.  It is entirely optional whether or not members send in a small donation to cover the charges.  Many members use the Easyfundraising website to raise funds when they shop with participating stores.

Some very generous yarn donations were made recently.  I made a request as I am running short on baby yarn for my preemie items.  What arrived certainly exceeded my expectations.  There is some lovely quality yarn here including the very soft Peter Pan Cupcake.  I have never knitted with this before.  There is just enough white to make a small preemie square.  So I am off to cast on now...

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful organisation. Looking forward to the beautiful things you'll make with this lovely yarn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely lot of yarn that you received. That's sounds like a wonderful orgsnisation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely yarn to play with there Una, have fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That yarn looks lovely, Una. I'm sure you'll have great fun deciding what to make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely surprise. I am sure you will make it all into darling items.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at that beautiful yarn! You will put it to such good use. I'll click over and see about that group

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.