Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Friday 26 May 2017

Still knitting....



I decided to end a really dreadful week with something good.  I know I haven't blogged for ages; but I have been busy with lots of things including knitting. I used up the last of the donated Peter Pan Cupcake yarn by knitting a preemie blanket. The yarn is thicker than I would normally use for preemie items. But on the label it advertises itself as "deliciously soft" and it really is. That is surprising as it is 50% acrylic and 50% nylon. But whatever way those ingredients are combined, the result is a little cloud that would wrap a baby beautifully.

I haven't been able to take a decent photo. The colour is a pale green and lilac, so it should suit any baby.

The next photo has been more successful. This is the pile of items that will soon be flying off to PreemiesUK There are seven small blankets and a cardigan.


Hopefully my little pile of goodies will make the world a slightly better place. We can only do our best.....


8 comments:

  1. When I enlarge the photo, it is green and lilac. Lovely. A nice set of premie wraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours in the blanket look really delicate, Una, and it will be beautifully cosy for a tiny baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful knitted items there, Una! I've used Cupcake, and it is an amazingly soft yarn...perfect for babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm positive your knitted charity items do make the world a better place. Every act of kindness makes a difference. I have watched the events in Manchester this week with shock and sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about the dreadful week Una, hope this next one is much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful donation you have knitted up, they will be so well received.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you had such a bad week! I hope things are better. Your stack of beauties for the babies is impressive, and I know there are people who, when the package arrives, exclaim, "Oh! Yay! Another set of blankies from her!" :) I just started a baby blanket too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look lovely! Knitting and crocheting can help us turn tough times into beautiful gifts - a blessing for us and for the recipients!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.