Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Monday 13 November 2017

2 more shirt cushions...



Here are two more cushion covers that I upcycled from Hubby's shirts. I have now made four of these, which is probably enough for now. Three of them will be gracing the sofa bed in the spare room when we have visitors over the Christmas holidays. I'm hoping that one or two of the visitors like them enough to ask me to make some for them. I love making these, but there is a limit to how many a sofa can take before looking weird.

Most of Hubby's shirts are blue. So I have been lucky to have these other colours to tone in with my furniture. However, I do have my eyes on some particularly lovely denim type shirts that would make useful bags. One day...

PS: I know this is primarily a "woolly" blog. I'm still beavering away using up my 4 ply yarn. But it takes me so long to finish anything that I like to sew something quick just so that I have something to blog about. I'm not a huge Facebook fan, but I recently joined an upcycling group on there and some of the ideas are very clever. 


4 comments:

  1. Una, I have nothing to do for the next three days. I need to get back on the winter sweater that needs most of one more sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Una - pretty pillows! That's such a clever idea. Also, I wanted to let you know that your kind comments on my blog are not coming through to my email :( So, if I fail to reply to you, I'm sorry. I wish I knew what's wrong with my blogger/google. Your emails are simply lost; they're not even in my spam folder. I wanted you to know that I do read and appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to know the reason for missing notifications but it's lost in the mists of time, just like the emails. Don't worry, I enjoy reading your blogs and admire you for managing to do everything and run two blogs. Superwoman!

      Delete
  3. It is such a good idea to make pillows of shirts. They look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.