Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Saturday 1 June 2019

Busy, busy, busy...


Thanks to everyone who left comments on my last blog post and apologies that I haven't found time to answer them. But, rest assured that I read and appreciate every comment. 

However, only comments relating to my blog reach the publication stage. The increasing amount of spam that I receive about restaurants, cleaning materials and other highly irrelevant topics is deleted immediately. I don't even open the links (I'm not daft!!), so whoever is wasting their time sending spam really is wasting their time. Rant over!

I love this time of year. But it is really busy as I make the most of  the good light. If I'm not in the garden, I'm up a ladder with a paint brush in my hand.

I have just found time to start this hat:


The pattern is called Northmoor Watchcaps by Luise O'Neill and is available on Ravelry. I love the way there is a choice of brims. I am knitting the fancy brim which you can just about see in the photo. It has a very clever cable effect that does not need fiddly cable needles. The whole hat is knit on a circular needle. Unusually for Aran yarn it uses a size 4mm needle. The advantage is a more professional finish. The disadvantage is the 120 stitches on each row!

With impeccable timing, I am knitting this on our hottest day of the year so far. As this hat is for me, it will probably be the coldest day of the year before I actually wear it. I generally don't like hats. That's why I am knitting the cable brim for a bit of extra je ne sais quoi.


6 comments:

  1. I get a lot of spam as well. I am convinced that they never actually read the posts they leave comments on - they just broadcast the comment across a variety of blogs. Thank God for Comment Moderation.

    Nice hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It's probably automatic. Blogger has an option to report it as spam; so I do. I don't know if it has any effect though.

      Delete
  2. I always wonder if it makes any difference when I mark spam comments as spam. I'm not inundated with it, but it's annoying all the same. I really like the hat! And the yarn you're knitting it with. I look forward to seeing it when it's all done, Una.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like that hat Una the brim is lovely. I hate wearing hats I just don't suit them and usually just wear hooded coats and jackets. Have a lovely week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I dislike hoods even more than hats! So my only other option is to freeze. Luckily, arctic days are rare in London.

      Delete
  4. That's a LOT of stitches per row! But it's very pretty and worth the effort. Beautiful blue color. Well, at least you are knitting a hat, instead of a blanket or shawl that would drape over your lap and make you REALLY warm! We have been quite hot here so far this summer too, sometimes over 100 degrees. I'm eager for autumn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.