Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Sunday 6 October 2019

Another Worry Monster....




This is my latest creation for Knit-for-Nowt, an organisation that donates worry monsters and similar items to therapists who work with traumatised children. As usual, my effort is more "worry" than "monster". I seem to be mentally and physically incapable of knitting anything more scary. 

I've stopped fretting about it. I still think my monsters have enough detail to inspire a conversation between therapist and child. The blue pocket on the front is where children are invited to post written worries that they might have trouble talking about.

I managed to make the ears fairly even this time. I also added rudimentary hands and thumbs....not very clear in the photo. The eyes are a bit wonky, but nobody's perfect! 

It's well worth looking at the Knit-for-Nowt website to see some amazingly scary monsters.

I think I have one more monster left in me for 2019, so I'm off now to rummage in my wool bag. Bye for now.....

5 comments:

  1. I think your worry monster is just perfect Una. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good one, Una. I can see a child rummaging where they are kept, and selecting one of your to talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it fun to rummage in the yarn stash? He's pretty cute. It's so good that you make these for the children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made the cutest knit monster and just perfect for children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your monsters are perfect, too. I think a touch of cute in a monster is a big plus!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.