Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Monday 18 February 2013

The four seasons pet blanket is finished....


Definitely not an object of beauty, but I have been knitting this for several weeks and it is going to a good home where it will be appreciated.  I have decided it is more an animal blanket than a toddler blanket.  So I omitted the embroidery that I was planning to do.  Apparently little paws and claws can catch painfully in embroidery stitches.  I have just found the perfect size box for it and it will be winging its way to Battersea Dogs and Cats Home this afternoon.  They always need blankets especially in winter and this one is very warm..  

Knitting such a big project was a perfect winter tonic for me as well.  It helped to use up some colours that I wasn't keen on and also gave me the chance to knit with the lovely, soft "meadow" Orlon wool.  I had a whole cone of that and managed to use it all.

The weather is slowly improving and spring is knocking on the door.  I have already seen people cutting their lawns and hedges.  I will soon have to start some serious gardening, decorating and spring cleaning.  So I will concentrate on smaller knitting and crochet projects for the next few months.






7 comments:

  1. In my neck of the woods lawn-mowing is but a distant memory. :)

    Here's to warm dogs and cats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm positive the furry friend who gets this is going to adore it. My pups love to snuggle up in a blanket year round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that blanket will give so much comfort

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, just found your blog, following the link from Puppet Lady. I too knit mainly for charity, I loved the little dress from earlier in February, but where will you send it to? I'd love to knit some but need to find a good home for them before I start so would welcome your answer. Many thanks. Keep up the lovely blog & the great knitting, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like the dress. I am probably going to send it and some other kiddy items to Greenfields Africa http://knitforafrica.weebly.com/

      Delete
  5. Wow! This pet blanket is fabulous! I can really feel the comfort this brings. Thanks for sharing!

    -MambeBlankets.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.