Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Thursday 7 March 2013

Another Liebster Award...




Just like buses, Liebster Awards come along in 3s.  I blogged about 2 nominations yesterday and have just been nominated again.....this time by Jaqueline of Opening the Front Door

Jaqueline's questions to me were:


What was the last book you read?
Needles and Pearls by Gil McNeil which is a lovely book about a lady who is getting her life back by working in a wool shop.

Do you have any "hidden" talents that you would like to share?
I can wiggle my left eyebrow on its own!!

What is your favourite smell?
Fried onions.  I used to work in a building near a cafe and the smell used to tantalise us.

If you wanted to escape would it be cottage by the sea or log cabin up a mountain?
A log cabin up a mountain.

What item do you seem to knit the most of?
Hats because they are great for using up remnants of wool.

Can you knit with double pins?
Yes.  I can't remember why or when I learned but I'm glad I did.  They come in useful.

If you could spend a day with someone famous who would it be?
Charlotte Bronte.  I think she was born a century too early and quite lonely.

In cooking would you choose Mary Berry or Delia Smith?
Delia Smith, but only because I don't know much about Mary Berry.

Do you have a favourite sweetie?
Chocolate.

Do you have anything stashed away that your husband/partner doesnt know about?
I have too many unworn clothes.  But I'm not buying any more until I really need them.

Do you write a shopping list or do you shop as you go along?
I usually write a list and usually manage to stick to it.


I have to nominate more bloggers to answer some questions and pass the award on to another 4 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.  A difficult decision, but this time I have chosen:

Maria Nazareth for her amazing crochet at Maria's Creations
Holly for her inspiring blog Holly Marie Knits
Hilary for her pretty blog Threaded Life
Sarah for her beautiful patterns at Sezza Knits

I hope they will find time to answer some questions and pass on more questions to their nominees.  Here are my questions:

Which of the four seasons do you like best?
Do you exercise?
What is your "guilty pleasure" food?
What was the last item you knitted or crocheted?
When did you last buy wool or yarn?
Did you enjoy your school days?
If you could have only one, which would it be...dishwasher or microwave?
Do you follow any sports?
Do you have any pets?
Which is best....sea view or mountain view?
If your house or apartment had a name, what would it be?

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for nominating me for the Leibster award. That is so kind of you. I have very much enjoyed a little wander through your lovely bit of Blogland and thank you again for supporting me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! I will make sure to come back to this next week, or over the weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your awards Una :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for nominating me for the Leibster award! It was so very kind of you. am quite looking forward to answering your questions. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.