Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Saturday 21 March 2015

Two toddler hats....




I had just over 100g left of the Emu Bainin Aran yarn that was kindly donated to me by Joanne of the Cup On The Bus blog.  This is quite a thick, strong Aran yarn and probably not soft enough for a small baby.  But it is pure wool and very warm.  So I decided to knit the toddler size of my two favourite hat patterns. 

Despite being a knitter for over 50 years, I can still be amazed at how far a ball of wool goes.  The Basic Winter Hat used 59g of yarn and the cabled Nottingham Hat used just under 50g.

I have knitted these patterns a few times now and can recommend them.  The basic hat is easy and the cabled hat has enough detail to be interesting. Both are stretchy and both get good reviews from other knitters.

These will eventually go off to Operation Orphan for distribution to children in need around the world.


7 comments:

  1. They are both lovely. There's something so wonderful about natural coloured knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely hats Una, that yarn has gone a long way!. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all used up now. I was really keen not to leave the last 100g sitting in a bag and I'm delighted it will keep 2 children warm.

      Delete
  3. I love that Nottingham pattern. Thanks for directing me to it on ravelry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so wonderful Una.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recommendation! I just "pinned" the basic pattern for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your hats! I forgot about your blog ...... of to have a catch up

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.