Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Tuesday 5 April 2016

The Stop Gap scarf...




While I ponder what to do with some really bright pink yarn that I recently rescued, I have been busy crocheting this scarf.  I used up most of the red wool that was left over after I knitted a boy's jumper.  
This is one of my favourite crochet scarf patterns as it suits my abilities.  For some reason, I don't have any problems at the start and end of each row.  I think it is because the pattern is so well written and illustrated.. Here is the link.

For this scarf I used 136g of dk wool and a 5mm crochet hook. That produced a scarf measuring 5" x 55".  This is intended for a child and will eventually go off to Operation Orphan.  The yarn is 85% real wool and 15% nylon so it should be very warm and hard-wearing.

I now have just 25g of this wool left.  So it will probably reappear one day as a stripe or two.

8 comments:

  1. It's lovely Una that's one of my favourite patterns too.:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks super warm and is lovely and colourful - I bet it will be much loved :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cheery, red scarf. To think of the child it will someday help keep warm is a sweet thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous scarf Una xx looks so warm and cosy love the colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another thing that will be very well appreciated I am sure! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks super cosy Una. Well done on switching to crochet. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. IT looks lovely and soft Una, well done.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely scarf - and Operation Orphan is such a great group to donate it too. The world needs more people like you Una. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.