Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Friday 7 April 2017

The "Here comes the sun" blanket....



This lap blanket has just gone off to SIBOL where the industrious Sue will add it to her collection of blankets from other volunteers. When the pile threatens to take over her house, she delivers the blankets to people living in care homes in and around Birmingham in the UK.  Apparently, they are always very well received.

I started this blanket in the depths of a very cold winter and finished it just as the weather started to improve.  From the first stitch, I intended it to look like a sun bursting through a blue sky and I think I achieved that.  I didn't want it to look like a baby's blanket.  I'm not sure I achieved that!

A lot of the wool was given to me by a colleague of my husband. When I sent her this photo, she was very pleased that it went to a good cause and she has more for me!! I'd better start my next project.....


8 comments:

  1. So cheerful! I agree Una - it looks like the sun in a blue sky - we all need a little brightness in our lives :) Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blanket definitely looks like the sun breaking through the grey clouds. Well done Una!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely Una I think you have achieved just what you have set out to it looks great. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful blanket Una...a sun in a blue sky. Well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am making some of these to send elsewhere, so I am glad to hear they are well received!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it turned out beautifully and it does make me think of a sunny day. This blanket is perfect for dreary winter days to brighten things up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks nice and cosy, perfect for keeping someone nice and warm

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a kind thing to do. Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.