Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Friday 12 April 2019

My new favourite hat pattern...




I promise this isn't the same hat photographed from different angles and blogged about several times! I have quite a lot of this Aran wool to use up. I loved it when I bought it and I still do. It's navy blue with a small beige fleck to give a bit of interest.

This time I followed a pattern that I can't remember knitting before. It's the Easy-Fit Ribbed Hat by Mary Jane Protus. It is almost identical to my previous favourite pattern. But this one has a much neater crown and for that reason is the pattern that I will use in future. It is knit "in the round" and very easy to do. 

The ribbing helps it to fit any shape head. My hat will fit an older child and will eventually go off to Operation Orphan. But I like the wool and pattern so much that I am planning to knit an adult size for myself. That is a big statement for someone who usually prefers to freeze than wear a hat. The beauty of this pattern is that you just use a slightly larger knitting needle if you want a larger size. There is no wading through rows of numbers with this pattern. 

Presently, I am working on three different worry monsters and they are all at the ugly duckling stage. I will blog about them when they are a bit more presentable!


5 comments:

  1. It's a great hat Una, I have lots of coned yarn to use up, three strands would make Aran weight and a nice easy pattern like this would be good to do while sitting in front of the TV, it seems ages since I've knit anything. Thank you for the pattern link I've saved it in my Library. Have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I tend to avoid wearing hats as well - I like my out door clothes to have hoods - then if I really need my head covered - I just slip it up. But that hat is pretty darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of the shaping of the crown of this hat, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this hat and the color yarn you chose for it. I would love to make one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good hat pattern recommendation. Always looking for a nice crown, so I think I need to give this hat a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.