Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Friday 15 February 2013

My latest charity box is ready...


Here are the contents of my latest charity box.....8 hats and 8 scarves.  I buy my wool as cheaply as possible so I often end up with odd balls that are perfect for smaller items.  I have been making these for a few months and the box is now full and ready to post.  It is actually so long since I started knitting these that I had forgotten some of the items.  I hope my sense of excitement at rediscovering them is mirrored at the charity.  

This lot will be going to Operation Orphan which is an organisation that delivers warm clothing to children living in poverty in Central and Eastern Europe. 

There is a video here that shows what they do.



Operation Orphan is still advertising their Winter 2012 campaign on their website.  But I have had it confirmed by email that they have already started collecting clothing for 2013.  Their headquarters are in the UK and clothing can be sent to them at the following address:

Operation Orphan
c/o Big Yellow
20 Lenton Lane
Nottingham
NG7 2NR

8 comments:

  1. Lovely! I am sure these will be most appreciated! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely hats and scarves Una I'm sure that they will be well received and appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely! We have a knitting group at church that makes hats, scarves, etc. for donating. I'll have to mention this site as a future possibility. Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much better than just knitting for oneself! These all look lovely and warm.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful stuff for a great charity. Thanks for the address. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice of you to think of the needy They are preety

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure Cyrilyn will be delighted to receive these hats and scarves, as will the children in Eastern Europe! They look very cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome thing to do! You are a good doo-bee!
    Hugs,
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.