Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Thursday 20 February 2014

Nice backside......


I am taking part in the Knit-a-block-a-week challenge which is being hosted on Linda's Crafty Corner blog.  We are knitting blocks from Jan Eaton's "200 Knitted Blocks For Blankets, Throws and Afghans".  This week I knitted Block 197 which is called "Harris".  It is a very effective multi-coloured block that looks more complicated than it really is.  It is a mixture of knit stitches and slip stitches with absolutely no purl stitches.  Here is the front of my block:


Despite appearances, each row is knitted with just one colour yarn and the other yarn is held at the side until it is needed.  This gives a very neat appearance to the back of the square:


There are no long threads to get caught on anything or to trap fingers and toes.

I have used yellow as the main colour and 2 other shades as background colours.  I like the ribbon effect.  It would look great in any colour combinations....pastels, neutrals, or brights.

I couldn't resist giving this blog post a cheeky title!

13 comments:

  1. Haha Una it certainly got my attention, your backside is certainly neat, I love the texture of this block it's lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be interesting to see how many views this post gets!

      Delete
  2. that looks very beautiful... very neat and beautiful color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very bright, but that is exactly what I need for my next blanket.

      Delete
  3. I linked up this same block last week ... I also showed my backside, but it looks somewhat different than yours ... oh dear, sounding a bit weird ;) I really liked the texture on this one, and your little square is very colourful too! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's strange that the 2 "backsides" look different. Now I sound weird!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely backside you have ;) it looks a lovely pattern and I like your colour choice too.
    Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. your backside is very lovely! so is the front!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheeky! Wendy beat me to the comment that your backside was lovely! I love the colours you have used and it looks like it has lovely texture - well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lovely Una, sorry I have been absent for a few days, it has been one busy week! My goodness your work is just stunning. I have travelled a lot around the Scottish islands and your pieces bring back many happy memories for me. Have a lovely weekend, sending you big hugs and loves
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has a very nice effect Una and it sounds super easy too, nice work xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A "cheeky" title? Oh haha -- that is quite punny here in the U.S. I'm never sure if idioms transfer across the pond or not! :)
    That's a neat looking pattern, Una. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I chose the word very carefully. It means the same here as well!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.