Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Monday 7 April 2014

Two more hats....





I needed some light relief from the two blankets I am working on at the moment.  So I have just knitted these two children's hats for Operation Orphan which is an organisation that distributes warm clothing to children in need around the world.

The yarn is a really good quality wool that was donated by Nuns at a convent that was closing down.  I had bottle green, yellow, and a muddy mottled colour and I had fun combining them to make these super warm hats.

The pattern is called "Ellie's easiest ever hat" and can be found in the patterns section of the Loving Hands website.  The site is free to join and there are many patterns available to the members.  It is well worth looking at this site as there are lots of ideas for charity knitting, crocheting and sewing as well as some very friendly chat forums.


6 comments:

  1. so beautiful... and for such good cause. How sweet Una!

    Blessings,

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Una, you are always creating such lovely things to donate. You are such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours look good together, they look cosy and warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look very cosy indeed - I like that tweedy yarn too.

    What a smashing jumper in your profile photo - did you knit it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I can't claim to have knitted that jumper. It's quite old now , but I keep it to check that I can still fit into it!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.