Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Thursday 17 July 2014

Cats and sewing machines....




Sewing machine experts should look away now!  This machine is nearly 30 years old, but it works and I know how to use it!.  The cat behind it is Fleur and she is 11 years old.  She is really very well-behaved.  She sits next to me when I am knitting and watches everything I am doing with great curiosity.  But she has never pounced on the wool or on what I am making.  If she decides it is time for some attention or food, she simply pulls my arm gently but repeatedly until knitting becomes impossible.  Funny Fleur.

This week I decided to do some sewing.  Fleur has been watching from a distance. Today, I had just wound the bobbin and put it into the machine.  I was concentrating so hard that I didn't even notice Fleur jumping up onto my sewing table.  When I finally saw her, I couldn't resist the photo opportunity.  I wonder what she is trying to tell me!!

8 comments:

  1. Hello, I am new to your blog but enjoying what I am reading and looking forward to more! I don't have a cat to keep me company sewing and crocheting, but I do have a sewing machine that is probably 15 years older than yours, going strong and doing a great job. I put it down to her age that she sews so well, so don't worry about the age of your machine! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the age thing. Newer machines look very flimsy compared to mine. I wouldn't want to jinx things by buying a new one.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your sewing. My 25 year old machine recently departed this fine Earth, I was so sad and had to get used to a whole new machine.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think little Fleur is asking you to make something just for her Una! What a sweet little cat :) I have an old machine too, and not nearly as fancy as this beauty. Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got a new sewing machine a couple of years ago to replace my mother's 1970's clunker. It just wasn't worth fixing it anymore. But I would have kept using it if it worked. They can be so expensive and you're right, the old ones are very sturdy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look Fleur is giving you! Cats are amazing creatures. It's funny how they seem so fascinated by the crafty things we do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely picture, Una! As far as the sewing machine being an older model, I think they used to make much better quality machines than they do now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's darling! Oh, I wish I had a kitty to watch me :) (I'm allergic.) She is very well-behaved, I think. I also have an old machine, my grandmothers. It's from the early 1960s. And it still runs fairly well, so no complaints! Keep sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.