Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Wednesday 20 August 2014

One for the family....




This little knitted outfit will go into storage until one of my many relatives produces a baby girl.  I have decided to build up a small store of gifts ready to give at the drop of a hat (pun intended).  This outfit should fit a baby aged 6-12 months.

The kimono-style cardigan is from this Ravelry pattern.  I love this pattern because it is knitted in one piece and there is no picking up stitches for the edgings.  The stocking stitch makes it look quite smart.  I used Coney Playtime dk yarn in pink with little coloured flecks which look lovely but don't show up well in the photo.  I bought this yarn for £1 in a charity shop and 100g was enough for the cardy with a little left over for the brim of the hat.  

The hat pattern is also on Ravelry here.  I usually knit a more simple version of this hat.  But this time I chose to knit a textured version to exercise my brain.  The white part of the hat is Wendy Family Choice dk yarn.  I can't remember where this came from, but it was either free or very cheap.  

Neither ball of yarn had a barcode on the wrapper.  I usually take that to mean something is vintage.  So these unloved balls of yarn have finally been put to a good use.

5 comments:

  1. It's lovely Una, I have two drawers and a suitcase full of stuff I have made to but away just incase haha .x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little kimono!! My brother and his girlfriend just had a little girl and this would be a cute knit! I admire that you have the discipline to knit items for a just-in-case store. I am always behind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sweet little kimono! I will have to try this out for my brother & his girlfriend just had a little girl yesterday! I admire that you can knit up items for the just-in-case store. I am always behind when it comes to knitting for others :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore that sweater pattern -- it's SO cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.