Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Wednesday 24 June 2015

More preemie items....





I'm still on a mission to use up my 4 ply yarn and decided to knit these two preemie knitting patterns.

On the right is the Angel's Pocket.  This pattern includes instructions for 4 different sizes and 3 different ply yarns.  I was able to knit the 9" size with just 25g of 4 ply yarn.  It is a simple project.

On the left is the "Sleeping Bag With Hood" which can be found on the Cuddles UK  patterns page.  This weighs just 27g.  It is a top down knit and very easy as there are no arm holes.  So, after the increases, it is just a case of 8 inches of stocking stitch. The hood is picked up and added later.  It is another simple project.

These will be going off to a preemie charity eventually.  I have knitted many angel pockets in the past and have managed not to think too much about the sadness behind them.  The sleeping bag, on the other hand, is tugging at my heart strings and I don't know if I will knit more of these.


8 comments:

  1. Love both!!! they are super cute. A great way to keep the babies warm ♥ Ana BC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Una, you're a star for doing this. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely Una, I have made the sleeping bag myself and know where you are coming from, I can't quite bring myself to make anymore just now but they make such a difference to the parents so I will try sometime in the future. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I might be able to make another one day. They must be very comforting.

      Delete
  4. They are beautifully made but so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that making these is an incredible thing to do and I am sure that these will be very gratefully received even if the need for them is very sad. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol....all the best of luck with your mission. I've been on a mission to use up all my 8 ply yarn. Not going too great with that. lol. I haven't even started a mission to use all my 3, 4, 5 or chunky yarn.....it's too scary. lol
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are adorable, and so tiny! I love reading about how you are hunting projects to use up those bits of yarn. Very creative :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.