Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Wednesday 28 October 2015

Quick scarf and hat....




This is just a quick post to thank everyone who has sent me best wishes for my second eye op.  It took place a week ago and it is a big relief to have both eyes finally working together.  I'm also happy that I can now read, type, sew and knit to my heart's content.  

I will definitely need reading glasses for finer work. But it's a bit too soon to order them as my prescription will continue to change for a while.  So I am making do with off-the-shelf reading glasses. However, I find that I don't really need to use them until the evening. Our energy-saving light bulbs at home might need some rethinking as even my husband finds them useless for reading.  It's all a bit of a learning curve at the moment.

I started this scarf a few weeks ago.  The hat took just 2-3 days.  The yarn is a 100% wool by Jaegar and it was donated to me by a generous person on Freecycle.  The scarf is a simple crochet v-stitch and the hat is one of my regular favourite patterns by Pyrrha Designs.  These will go off soon to Operation Orphan for their Keep A Child Warm project.  I chose to make these two items in a size suitable for a teenager.

Yesterday, I treated myself to a rummage in my bags of yarn and picked out some really pretty yarn for a simple baby blanket.  But that's another story.....

9 comments:

  1. Great color! And hooray for good eyes, again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Una, so glad your surgeries went well! Love the purple hat and scarf and can't wait to see what you've pulled out for a baby blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you have made it through the eye operation and are on the road to recovery. I"m sure you're very relieved to have it over with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the operation went well Una and your sight is so much improved. Lovely hat and scarf , thank you for the link you can never have too many hat patterns. Looking forward to seeing your baby blanket. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've found that as I grow older, I need really good lighting. It certainly makes crafting and reading a lot easier! That's a lovely scarf and beanie and such a pretty colour too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pleased to hear your doing well - I understand how the glasses situation is as mum has just undergone her cataract operation and gad to wait to sort the glasses out x I love your set a teen will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pleased for you about your eyes! That really is wonderful isn't it! A bright future for lots of seeing! That yarn is beautiful isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely set, Una, and the perfect colour for a teenage girl. I made myself a crocheted scarf a few years ago with some Jaeger 100% wool, it is so soft and warm to wear. I'm glad your second op went so well; you are very sensible to give yourself time to adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Glad you're seeing better. The hat and scarf are look so warm and cozy. Glad you're staying busy.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.