Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Sunday 20 August 2017

A preemie blanket and two hats...



The fairly atrocious photo above definitely does not do justice to my latest knits. I finished the preemie blanket that I blogged about recently. It measures 15" square which shows up the tiny size of the preemie hats that I knitted with the remnants of the same 4 ply yarn. 

The smaller hat is for a baby angel of 20 weeks gestation. The larger hat should fit an older premature baby. The pattern came from Andycrafts. There are some lovely premature baby patterns on the website. This hat is at the bottom of page 3 if you go as far as downloading them. My items will eventually go off to PreemiesUK.

All three items above are pale blue. The photo was taken in poor light on a cloudy day in a busy city. Look how it is put to shame by the beautiful photo I took last week. This is Port Gaverne in North Cornwall, England. It is very close to Port Isaac where the tv series "Doc Martin" is filmed. 


The scenery all along that part of the coastline is spectacular. The air is clean and the daylight has a quality of its own. No wonder artists make the effort to travel there for painting holidays or even to live there permanently. I could drink in these colours all day.

The Cornish hedgerows are currently blooming with an orange shrub that I later found out is Crocosmia. You can see it in the foreground of the photo. We had plans to plant some at home until I read up about it. Apparently, it is invasive and will even travel underground to come up through concrete. I don't think my neighbours would be too pleased with me if I planted it. Luckily, I took lots of photos.


7 comments:

  1. Well done Una. The smallest baby I have ever worked with was 23 weeks, a micro preemie. She was still so tiny when she was discharged into medical foster care. You do wonderful work my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful charity knitting, our group has knitted many of these smaller hats for the local unit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful that you do so much for these tiny babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet blanket and hats. How tiny they are.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful, colorful photo of Cornwall! (I love that TV show!) Glad you could visit there; I'm a bit envious. I love seeing shows about all your counties along the west coast. The preemie items are just lovely as always! What a blessing to those who receive them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen a few of the Doc Martin programmes, but don't really follow it. So, I recognised a couple of the buildings including Doc Martin's house. But we both felt that the series doesn't do justice to the amazing scenery in the area. It could be because the roads are very small and hilly. Moving tv crews around must be a logistical nightmare.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.