Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Tuesday 1 August 2017

Housekeeping...







I have just been doing a little housekeeping on my blog. It seemed like a good time to check all my links to make sure they actually lead somewhere.  Everything should be working fine now.

I also noticed that P*********t wanted me to pay to keep my blog button in my sidebar. I decided on Plan B and removed the button. Blogging can become a little cottage industry.  But this blog is really just for enjoyment and is not meant to be a money-earner. In the past I have flirted with including adverts. But it didn't feel right. So, I removed them.  I know some people downloaded my button and I think that it will probably no longer work. Sorry for that. It was good while it lasted!

I am adding my own picture of my "Keep Calm and Pick Up Stitches" design and I have set it up so that it links back to my blog. It is in my sidebar.  If anyone wants to borrow it for their blog, that is fine by me and there is no charge!!

Happy August to everyone!

                                                                                                        



9 comments:

  1. Happy August to you, Una. White Rabbit.
    At the gym today I parked next to a van that had a large inscription: Keep calm and quilt on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you just drop in the fact that you went to the gym. Good work!

      Delete
  2. "You go girl"! Love your sweet new button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're totally right! Good solution with your own button :-)
    Have a very nice day, Sigrid

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that little saying! I must admit, picking up stitches I've dropped is a nerve-wracking experience for me, not my forte! You're right, we should all do a little blog tidying once in a while. Looks good over here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that company will find their plans have rather backfired on them won't they!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If everyone does what I did, though some bloggers really pull out all the stops to make it a business.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.