Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Saturday 5 September 2020

More worry monster masks...



Crikey! I know it's been a while since I posted, but I wasn't expecting to have to learn a whole new Blogger. I expect there were good reasons for the changes, though I was very used to old Blogger. I know I can go back to it, but I'll see how I get on with the new, improved version before I do that.

Here are another 13 masks that I sewed and posted off to Knit-for-Nowt. In July, I suggested it might be a good idea to add little face masks to the knitted worry monsters that go off to teachers and therapists. I didn't realise I was opening up a can of worms. This little batch is my third attempt to make something suitable! The first two batches fitted only the smaller monsters because the ribbon ties were too short and the mask shapes weren't quite right.

For safety reasons, the ribbon ties can't be any longer. So this batch has elastic loops and elastic ties that will hopefully stretch to fit more of the monsters. I also had to bin my fancy, diamond shape design because it was apparently covering the monsters eyes. Having looked at the gallery of monsters on the Knit-for-Nowt website, I suspect these rectangular masks will do the same because a lot of the noses are in between the monsters' eyes. 

I'll have to wait and see what Clare says about this attempt.  My ultimate aim is to write a set of instructions for whichever mask fits most of the worry monsters. Then other people will be able to join in the mask sewing fun.

Now, I really must catch up on all my favourite blogs. See you all soon...

                                                                                      

7 comments:

  1. I hope this is out of our lives this time next year. Yes, little ones in masks is so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kindness prevails Una. Love Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so much patience Una! I hope Clare is happy with what you have done you must be more than ready to put a line under masks by now. Have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly not. Clare prefers plain colours. I suppose the patterns clash with the monsters. Back to the drawing board!

      Delete
  4. I hope they fit! What cute fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do the monsters have ears? I don't remember. Your masks are so cute and I hope they will bring a smile to the little ones who play with these monsters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people add ears to their monsters. But most don't. So we decided not to use ear loops.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.