Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Saturday 25 October 2014

Off they go...




I hadn't intended to post this blanket, scarf and hat collection until I had more items ready.  But I was browsing through the Loving Hands website this morning and discovered that Operation Orphan has a delivery planned to go to Syria soon.  They also deliver blankets and clothing to children in other countries, so I am fairly confident that these items will reach someone who needs them.  Posting items to war zones and other far off places is a bit of a "fingers crossed" exercise.  But the least I can do is to try to help.

I have very limited space for storing finished items.  This is partly deliberate as I believe that my items do nobody any good until I post them off.  I had just the right size box and it would have been silly to waste it!  There is now a big empty space waiting for me to fill with more items and someone will be a bit more warm and comfortable.  Win win.


6 comments:

  1. Bon voyage and a good landing. Lovely. I see the blanket over a bed full of children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure these items will be much appreciated by the recipient, Una!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job you are doing.I am sure these will be welcomed .I must follow your example and do some charity knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Una ... Those heartfelt goodies will bring true joy I am sure x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They will be appreciated Una it's going to be a very cold winter for those poor people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful gifts Una, you are such a lovely person.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.