Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Tuesday 18 August 2015

A lovely surprise...





Just look at the lovely journal I won recently in a giveaway hosted by Vicki of the 2bagsfull blog.  It is beautiful on the inside and on the outside with flowers and butterflies on a blue background.  



Vicki gave away several different journals and amazingly chose my favourite colour. That has been blue ever since I was about four years old and had a little blue summer dress.  I was so upset, incensed and incredulous when I outgrew it that my mother had to let down the hem to make it long enough to last another few months.  I wish I still had that dress.  I bought a very similar one when my daughter was four.  At primary school I chose blue binca material for my very first sewing project.  When I was fifteen and started a Saturday job, I bought a blue leather pencil case which I still have today.  The first party outfit I bought for myself was a blue maxi skirt and I still wear a lot of blue.  We recently had a few days away driving around Yorkshire and the Peak District.  When we were on the less scenic motorways, it was always the blue cars that caught my attention.  Did I mention that I like blue?!

I see a lot of giveaways being hosted by generous bloggers all over the world.  I usually resist entering those that are too far away because of the postage costs.  But I simply had to try to win one of these pretty journals and Vicki paid a small fortune in postage from Kentucky.  We think postage is expensive in the UK,  but it is even dearer in other countries!  Thank you, Vicki.

So when my journal arrived yesterday, I was genuinely delighted.  I will put it to good use.....maybe to record favourite books and authors.....unless I can think of something better.

Vicki's blog is well worth a visit.  She crafts for pleasure and for charity and hosts annual blog parties. You won't be disappointed!

PS: here is a photo of me wearing the famous dress.  This was in the early days of colour photography, so it doesn't really do justice to the lovely shade of sky blue.  I am on the left squinting at the sun....which probably has a lot to blame for my poor eyesight. But that is another story!  

I can actually remember this particular photo being taken.  We had just moved from a very poor part of London to a slightly more leafy area.  This was the local park.  We are standing in front of a tennis court where I used to play into my mid-twenties.  We are all dressed up, so this could even have been my birthday.



11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous journal, perfect for recording your thoughts. I love blue too, although with two little boys I occasionally like to add some pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...oh Una, you sound so much like my dear friend Heather. She's a mauve/blue girl too. Love the photo, very special.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty dress! You look lovely in it. The journal is beautiful! I have also been one of Vicki's lucky recipients and am waiting for my parcel to arrive, I am anticipating it even more now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a lovely notebook. Lucky you to win x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems your sister is a bit old, but has an identical squint. Lovely memory, lovely dress, lovely journal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a whole 45 minutes older than me! We both have lousy eyesight which used to be blamed on us being twins until our younger sister came along and also had poor eyesight.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely journal! And what a sweet picture of you and your mom and sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on winning the journal. ..looks beautiful. Lovely photo of the three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw you look so sweet in your blue dress, congratulations on winning the journal the cover is beautiful. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable photo! My mother loved dressing me in blue too, because I have blue eyes. She dressed me in blue SO much that I was very tired of it, and chose other colors when I was old enough to pick my own clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on wining the journal. It's very nice! My mother always dressed me in blue when I was a child and I still wear a lot of blue. Lots of photos of me - even to this day - have me squinting at the sun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.