Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Saturday 21 December 2013

Seasons greetings from me and the skating penguin...



Here's the fun brooch I bought to brighten up my new scarflet......a cute penguin complete with it's own snazzy blue scarf.  It captures my mood at the moment.  I can easily swap it for another brooch if I want something more elegant.  I've updated my profile photo to show me wearing the scarf.  

The photo is really small.  I'm not being shy; I just can't work out how to make it bigger!  UPDATE:  I just learned how to enter some CSS code which makes the profile photo bigger.  So I made it slightly bigger. (If I make it even bigger, all my sidebar buttons increase in size until they are too big.)  ANOTHER UPDATE:  I just managed to make the profile photo bigger without increasing the size of my sidebar buttons.  Now I really must stop fiddling with my template!

The photo has a sell-by date because I added some snowflake animations which will probably look a bit ridiculous in the middle of summer.  Hopefully, by then, I will have something else to model.

So that is it for 2013.  I'd like to send season's greetings to all the amazing people who read my blog.  When I started it, I had no idea how much I would enjoy it.  I've enjoyed reading all your comments.....I really do read and appreciate them all, even if I can't always think of a reply.


I've read some inspirational blogs, learned new skills, won some giveaways, been at the receiving end of some generous donations, and even appeared in a list of recommended craft blogs.  I didn't dream of any of that a year ago.  So I'm really looking forward to what 2014 might bring.


.


17 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Una! I'm looking forward to reading more about your knitting adventures in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and a merry Christmas to you too. I have lots of projects in the pipeline, so I won't be short of topics. I enjoy reading about your adventures.

      Delete
  2. The scarf looks lovely Una and the little broach is so cute, I have enjoyed reading all about your woolly adventures and look forward to seeing all the lovely things you are going to produce next year. Have a lovely Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can guarantee lots of squares for your challenge! I'm being very good and haven't started on them yet.

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas Una :-)
    It's been lovely getting to know you over the last year. I look forward to reading all your posts in 2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy your blog as well. Let's hope 2014 is a good one.

      Delete
  4. Happy Christmas Una, your little brooch looks quite at home on your scarflet and I am glad you managed to get your profile picture how you wanted it. I have been following only a few weeks but already I enjoy arriving at your blog and read all about your adventures.
    When I started my blog a few months ago I could have easily given up, there was so many confusing things and it was difficult to find blogs I wanted to read. My sister (Kim of Little White Sewing Shed) introduced me to a few of her following friends to help get me started. I soon started to find my way around and I have met quite a few friends along the way and now I am looking forward to 2014 to see where my blog might take me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Linda. Yes, I think setting up a blog is quite difficult in the early days. I'm always looking for blogs to follow. Feel free to look through the list in my sidebar. There are some really good ones there. Also, I found the "Grow Your Blog" event really worthwhile. There is more info if you click on the button near the top of my right hand sidebar.

      Delete
  5. Happy Christmas Una! Looking forward to reading more of your exciting woolly adventures in the New Year!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you for following my blog. I'm already mulling over what to make in 2014. I'm just as interested to find out!!

      Delete
  6. Hi Una I am new to your blog and love it. Have a fabulous time and I too look forward to reading your posts in the coming year. Big Christmas hugs to you Una and your family.
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dorothy. I enjoy blogging and am really glad my blog has found such friendly followers.

      Delete
  7. Merry Christmas to you and your penguin, Una. :) This is definitely one of your more awesome blog posts! lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most awesome SO FAR....who knows what 2014 will bring?!

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for such a wonderful blog this year Una it is lovely - wishing you a merry Christmas and happy new year and look forward to next years blog ! love and hugs Jaqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas, Una! I've really enjoyed seeing your beautiful creations. I hope you have a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. Next year I might concentrate on quality and make fewer items but more interesting or things that I haven't tried before.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.