Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Thursday 26 December 2013

That's me sorted....



I finally have my family well trained.  I dropped massive hints about how much wool would be appreciated if anyone was looking for pressie ideas.  My sister followed my instructions to the letter and bought me the bright acrylic yarn at the top of the photo.  It really is that bright and has been set aside for charity blankets for care homes.  These have to be acrylic in order to survive industrial washing machines.  

I expected Hubby to completely ignore my hints and was amazed when he gave me this very expensive yarn in the bottom of the photo.  It is 100% wool so I will use it for something for me as I know I will wash it carefully.  It is a drab stone colour but goes well with my more colourful blouses.  So I'm looking for a suitable vest pattern.  Sadly, it is 4 ply which is making the search difficult.  I've reached the stage of considering doubling it up and using it for an aran pattern.  I have a couple of other things to finish first, so this will probably be a project for late winter/early spring.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas.  Happy hobbydays!



8 comments:

  1. Your hubby has a great taste! That colour is gorgeous!
    Merry Christmas!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's going to a fun Christmas present! I hope your holiday has been great, Una.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have enough yarn to keep you going for a little while. I love 4ply for when I am crocheting as it still gives a thick garment (same thickness as worsted knitted garments I find)
    I love you bright yarn, wonderful colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have got them well trained Una my family all know the amount of wool I have in my stash and wouldn't dream of buying me more, what they don't realise is there is always room for another ball of wool haha that grey is a great colour, it will go with anything, I will keep a look out for vest patterns for you but like you say it's difficult to find 4ply, :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, after much searching, I found a lovely pattern on Ebay and I'm just waiting for it to be delivered. It has some interesting pattern detail but looks like it will knit up fairly quickly.

      Delete
  5. What a great idea for Christmas; you got some beautiful yarns there by the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great gifts to receive.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.