Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Wednesday 8 October 2014

Another awesome hat....




Here is another hat that I have just knitted from the Awesome Hat pattern.  I forgot to mention last time that, apart from the neat decreases, another feature is that the ribbing lines up when the brim is folded.  So the knit and purl rows continue along the hat instead of switching places at the fold line.  That is just a minor detail, but I like it.

This is how the neat decreases look in ribbing:


I'm really glad I bought this glass head model as it shows off the hat perfectly.  I feel one more of these hats in my near future.  Then I might move on to other projects.....


10 comments:

  1. I have a few skeins of yarn that are just waiting to become hats. I’m going to give Awesome Hat a try.
    I have a styrofoam head. The glass one is really neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I hadn't found the glass head, I would have bought a styrofoam one. They are very useful if you knit a lot of hats.

      Delete
  2. Great hat, Una! It's a good reminder to me that I have it in my Ravelry queue and plan to knit one for my brother. My problem is it calls for a DK weight yarn, and I don't have any DK weight in a guy colour. Do you think a worsted weight would work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be possible in worsted weight if you reduced the number of stitches. Or you could use the decreasing method on any worsted hat provided you had the right multiple of stitches.

      Delete
  3. It's a lovely neat hat Una it looks so perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I like about this pattern. The slightly smaller knitting needle gives a very fine finish.

      Delete
  4. It is a very good looking hat isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hat is perfect.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, Una! Those little details are important, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.