Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Saturday 22 December 2012

3 little stocking fillers...


So hubby decides at very short notice to fly to Ireland to visit his sister.  She has 3 girls aged 4-12.  I offer to knit something "small" for them and he asks for 3 scarves!!!!!!!  No, this photo is not of 3 scarves.  They are pencil bookmarks and the pattern can be found on Ravelry https://www.ravelry.com/account/login

If you are looking for the pattern, you will need to log in and search under the term "Pencil bookmark".  The pattern I chose calls for 4 ply wool.  There is a pattern that uses dk wool, but I thought that would be too thick.  I had to use dk for the black nibs as I didn't have any black 4 ply....how many people do?  That explains why the nibs are quite chunky instead of nicely pointed.  If I knit these again, I might pull the black dk wool apart to make it more like a 4 ply wool.

All the wool I used came from my bag of oddments which tends to come in useful when I least expect it.

I am reasonably satisfied at the way they turned out considering the time available.  My teenage daughter made all the right noises when she saw them and I think the girls will use them.  I made them all different so they can swap them around and hopefully not have too many arguments about who gets which colour.

1 comment:

  1. They are adorable......I love the pattern . Great idea for those last minute gift needs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.