Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Tuesday 25 December 2012

When I grow up....


These twins weighed in at 400g each and already take up a seat of their own on the sofa.  When they grow up they are going to be an Aran jumper for my daughter.  I steered her towards the Aran patterns on Ravelry in the hope that she would choose something quick to knit.  Unfortunately, she chose quite a lacy pattern which means I am constantly counting and can't get into a steady rhythm.  The pattern is written in a really odd way and it took me several attempts at knitting a tension square before I managed to sort out which needles to use.  I suppose the fact that absolutely nobody has tried this Ravelry pattern should have set the alarm bells ringing.  Hey ho; it might be ready by next Christmas. 

 For any other masochists out there, this Ravelry pattern has the memorable name "6-4 sweater in English rib with v-neck knitted in cotton "

1 comment:

  1. Well good luck with that Una you are very brave to take on such a challenge, I find it hard to concentrate on lacy patterns now I usually end up pulling it back a hundred times. I'm sure it will be worth it in the end, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished result. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.