Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Thursday 6 December 2012

Same wool, two different blankets....


This lovely wool was the main reason I bought my most recent bargain lot from Ebay.  The labels were missing so I don't know anything about it apart from the fact that it seems to be somewhere between dk and Aran in weight.  It was just crying out to be knitted into baby blankets.

Here are 2 blankets that are on my needles at the moment.  I started the rectangular blanket first and it will eventually measure approximately 2' by 3'.  I'm not over the moon about the way the colours are making big patches.  I also think the stocking stitch was a bad choice for this very crinkly yarn.  I much prefer the more evenly spaced small dashes of colour on the diagonal blanket to the left of the photo.  The garter stitch also suits the crinkles much better.  Oh well, life is a learning curve.

I  love the way the diagonal blanket is turning out so much that I am going to keep this one.  The rectangular blanket will eventually end up at one of my favourite charities though I haven't decided which one yet.

I should have finished both these blankets by Christmas.  That's my aim anyway as I am really looking forward to starting some smaller pretty baby cardigans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.