Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Monday 21 October 2013

Milking butterflies.....



I love Flickr.  Someone who works there has a sense of humour.  I always read what it says on the screen when I am uploading photos and today it was "milking butterflies".  It brightened up what was until now a humdrum day.

In my last post I mentioned that I was going to combine some 2 ply and 4 ply wool.  Here are the baby hats and a scarf that I managed to knit.  The variegated mauve and purple yarn is 2 ply and the other yarn is 4 ply.  The hats are different colours because the 4 ply wool is cream on the left and lilac on the right.

All three items will eventually go to a charity for distribution to children in need.  I just need to make a few more things to fill a box before I post it. I'm guessing that I will miss the deadline for this winter's deliveries.  But there is always next year.

As usual the hat pattern is my favourite baby hat pattern.  The scarf is from a crochet pattern that, as a learner, I find fairly quick and easy.

6 comments:

  1. I am always so impressed with the rate you turn out knitted items! I am slower than molasses on a cold January day, thus the long stretches on my blog between posts about finished projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I take a lot longer if I'm doing something big or complicated. But these little hats don't take long and the crochet scarf pattern is quick and easy.

      Delete
  2. The hats are adorable and I am sure they will be appreciated.
    It’s interesting the way the 2 ply and 4 ply turned out. I like it. I’m going to give that scarf pattern a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful hat/scarf colors, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little hats and scarf Una. The colour you got from combining the two different yarns is lovely xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pretty little hats are just gorgeous! Ros

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.