Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Thursday 10 October 2013

Very quick fingerless gloves pattern.....





I just knitted these fingerless gloves.  The pattern is so quick and easy.....just 34 rows on straight needles.  The dk yarn is used doubled so it knits up very quickly and makes a very strong and warm glove.  I'd say they are functional rather than fashionable.  The photo makes the colours look washed out.  They are actually a very vibrant dark pink and navy blue.

The pattern is for men's gloves and these are for my sister!  Her hands are much larger than mine so the gloves look huge on me in the photo.  But they have a lot of stretch and will be perfect for my sister.  I noticed on Ravelry that lots of people knit this pattern for women.  

It's easy to adjust this pattern.  I cast on 30 stitches as the pattern suggested.  But by subtracting or adding 4 stitches these could fit hands ranging from dainty to enormous.

The pattern is here.

5 comments:

  1. They would make a great charity knit I think. Thanks for the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look nice and warm Una, love the colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like they would be great for knitting up for a last minute gift. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made Hubby a pair and he loves the they are just right for the coming cold weather thanks for sharing the pattern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they were a success. I think they would be great for someone like a market trader who works outdoors but needs to handle goods and money etc.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.