Shelly of the Family, Books and Crochet...Oh My! blog nominated me for a Liebster award. This is all a bit of fun aimed at bloggers who wish to grow their list of followers.
Participation is entirely optional. I know life is busy. But, if you wish to take part, the rules of engagement are:
1) Post 11 random facts about myself
2) Answer 11 questions the awarding blogger has asked
3) Nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers, add their links to this post, and let them know they've been nominated
4) Create 11 questions the nominated blogs have to answer
I love to grow my blog. So...here goes:
11 random facts about myself:
1) I love dark blue.
2) The first thing I bought myself was a dark blue leather pencil case which I still own.
3) I do all my computing on a laptop.
4) I lost 30 pounds in weight five years ago and have mostly maintained a healthy weight since then.
5) Being made redundant in 2011 was the chance to start knitting again.
6) I learned to crochet recently and am really happy about that.
7) I volunteer at a school as a reading helper. The children are so funny.
8) People who haven't seen me for 50 years still recognise me. I'm not sure what to make of that!!.
9) I have trouble resisting chocolate.
10) I will be forever grateful that I never started smoking cigarettes.
11) I have just had a tooth implant after a year of gruelling dental appointments. It was all worth it. :-))
Answer 11 questions set by Shelly:
1) What is your favorite item to crochet/knit?
Hard to choose, but I think I have knitted more hats than anything else. I'm even thinking of buying a head model to display them better for photos.
2) Have you ever done any yarn-bombing? If so, describe it.
No, but I never say never.
3) Do you belong to a crochet/knit club?
There are a couple I could go to but I always think the travelling time and fares could be better spent on knitting and more yarn.
4) What is your favorite thing to cook?
Anything with pasta, but I don't do it often as my fussy family don't like it.
5) Do you have a favorite yarn to work with?
I will work with anything, but I really enjoyed knitting with Rowan wool cotton a few months ago as the texture was lovely.
6) Do you enjoy sports? If so, what is your favorite?
I prefer to take part rather than watch. I'm a bit of a gym bunny, love Pilates and walk everywhere. I sometimes watch tennis and swimming.
7) What is your favorite TV show?
Coronation Street of course!!!! I'm going to visit the old film set in August.
8) Are you a coffee or a tea person?
Neither. I gave up coffee years ago because I loved it so much that I would drink cup after cup. I never liked tea and finally stopped drinking it when I saw the insides of an ancient tea pot at work. My family all love tea and coffee though.
9) Do you grow a garden (containers count)?
Yes, I enjoy gardening for the exercise and pretty results. I wish I had more time to sit and enjoy it.
10) Do you have a pet?
A tabby rescue cat called Fleur. She follows me everywhere in the house and garden.
11) What is your pet peeve?
People who put their feet on seats in buses and trains. Why do they think that is ok??
My 11 nominated bloggers with fewer than 200 followers are:
Ali of Random Wooliness
Evelyn of The Soaring Sheep
Lisa of Needles and Wool
Maria of Maria's Creations
Diana of My Paper Daisy
Snoopydog of Snoopydogknits
Josiekitten of The Woolly Adventures of a Knitting Kitty
Marianna of Marianna's Lazy Daisy Days
Daisy of Daisychains
Bossymamma of Little by Little by Bossymamma
Joanne of Rose & Dahlia
11 questions for nominated bloggers to answer:
1) What is the last thing you knitted or crocheted?
2)Where would you go on holiday if price was no object?
3) Do you think there is intelligent life on other planets?
4) At what age did you learn to knit or crochet?
5) What is your natural hair colour?
6) Which is your favourite season?
7) Are you a books or e-reader fan?
8) Do you prefer curtains or blinds?
9) Are you wearing earrings right now?
10) Do you have a special crafting area at home?
11) If one person could rule the world, who should it be?
Thank you for nominating me, Shelly.