Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Friday 30 May 2014

A bear selfie.....




.....I never thought those words would leave my mouth!!  I knitted one of my favourite teddy bear glove puppets and couldn't resist taking a photo of it in action.  This is a very easy pattern to knit and can be found here UPDATED LINK.

This will eventually go off to a children's charity.  My sisters and I would have had hours of fun from a puppet like this when we were younger.  Come to think of it, taking the photo was fun as well!

12 comments:

  1. So cute Una, I know I would have loved one too when I was small. I keep meaning to make some of these, the puppet lady has so many great patterns on her blog just something else on the to do list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some child will enjoy it. Bears are universal, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Some child will LOVE that little bear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love puppets. I'm sure this bear will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AW such a cute little bear you knitted! I can imagine the sparkle this bear is going to bring to a childs eyes... How nice of you Una...hugs, ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely puppet Una! I used the link in your post but don't seem to be able to access the actual pattern. From Ravelry it goes to the Samaritan's Purse website and from there I haven't a clue why I can't access the pattern. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maria. Thanks for letting me know. I have updated the link and checked that it works ok. This pattern used to be on the Samaritan's Purse website, but they have removed it for some reason.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Una, I'll try the new link :-)

      Delete
  7. He's lovely. They're so quick and easy to knit, aren't they? And you've given him a cute little face.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is very cute! Some child somewhere is going to have a lot of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Bear selfie" is a wonderful phrase. And a very cute bear too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.