Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Wednesday 7 May 2014

On their way....





On their way at last to Operation Orphan are 11 hats and 4 jumpers of varying sizes. This little collection is a team effort.  The yarn was supplied by:
  • Fiona of the FC Knits blog
  • Joanne of the Cup On The Bus blog (who also knitted the blue hat and the 2 larger jumpers)
  • Nuns in a UK convent that was closing down
  • and a local family that was giving away items prior to a house move
I really, really enjoyed making these items.  People have commented on how good I am to knit for charity.  It doesn't feel like that.  I am just very grateful that there is an outlet for my hobby!

The highlight for me is when I can finally pack a box and send it off.  Now for the next box.....

11 comments:

  1. You've just packed up lots of little blessings. May you be richly blessed in return. It's a priveledge and an honor to serve others who are in need.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic collection of things that will be very much appreciated by this great cause. Well done, Una!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! An amazing effort to something wonderful! to show care and spread love! :-)
    -Ranjitha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you Una for such noble deed!! All these items are beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to find someone who really NEEDS what you love to make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a collection of love. I really like the two little jumpers in front. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely collection Una, I feel the same, one of my friends keeps saying you are so good to do this, and I say, I'm only grateful that I have a reason to make what ever I fancy and know it will go to a good home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely knitting. How nice that others get to enjoy the fruits of your hobby, and that you are able to make use of the yarn others don't want or need. Keep it up! Knitting is such a great hobby, isn't it? Vee x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely lot of warm items! They are beautiful, Una :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look lovely, I'm sure they will be greatly appreciate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so very true that we need outlets for our creative energies, yes? If there's no one to sell or give your work to, then you must stop creating, which would be sad :( Glad you have this outlet that's a joy for you, and such a help for others. Beautiful work! I love those baby jumpers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.