Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Saturday 24 May 2014

What 100 rows look like....



This is the progress so far on my blanket for Operation Orphan.  It is simply row after row of crochet trebles (UK).  I am aiming for a length of 60" and these 100 rows equal 39".  So I have just over 50 rows left to crochet.  Even if I crochet only 2 rows per day, I should have finished before the end of June.  I'm following a stripe pattern that was generated by the Random Stripe Generator.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice, Una. It's coming along so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope this doesn't appear twice!How do you know what size to make it or doesn't it matter and how do you get them to the charity?Post?I have loads of wool and am looking for something to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read somewhere that they like the blankets to be roughly 40" x 60". I post these off to the charity. Postage is going to be high for this particular blanket and I know lots of knitters are rethinking how to get their work to charities. It might be that in future I will have to donate my items to local places that I can walk to. Are you a member of Loving Hands? They have lots of ideas about knitting for charities.

      Delete
  3. That is a fun idea to use a random stripe generator to pick the widths of stripes. It will be a handsome blanket when it is done and I am sure that it will be well loved by someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! Lots of hard work and love in that blanket.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Una as always you are an amazing lady, I never cease to be in awe of the amount of lovely work you produce and all in such a good cause. You are an inspiration to me Un and you are so talented Una - sorry I have not popped over to see you so much lately, hopefully work will be a little quieter for a while and I can come and visit you every post. Have a wonderful weekend Una, big hugs, Dorothyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it - and the random stripe generator!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that blanket! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.