Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Wednesday 4 June 2014

Even more baby hats.....





When I get a bee in my bonnet, I say "Hello, Bee".  Last week I became slightly obsessed with knitting baby hats from my favourite pattern.  I keep my yarn scraps under control by saving them in a small wooden box.  When the box is too full, I simply have to use them.  

I realised I had enough scraps to make some warm hats and I really enjoyed choosing which colours would work well together. There are various sizes here ranging from newborn to 12 months old and they will eventually go off to a children's charity.

The little bee has buzzed off now to pastures new and my scraps box is a little emptier.

7 comments:

  1. so sweet! and how lovely to donate them to charity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute hats Una, I have found a nice pattern in a book I just bought it's just a little bit different and I'm making hats using up my tiny scraps too, will reveal when I've made a few. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful hats. I love the colour combos...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty hats and a great use of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely wool hats for babys! Congratulations for your great work.
    Let´s love wool!

    Wool Blanket Grazalema

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.