Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Friday 20 June 2014

Here they come and off they go.....


We are just hours away from welcoming my brother-in-law, his wife and 2 children to London for their holidays.  The weekend looks like a whirl of meals out, walks, theatre visits and shopping.  There won't be much time for crafting.

I had exactly enough items to fill a charity box and it has now gone off to Operation Orphan which is an organisation that distributes blankets and clothing to children in need around the world.  So they will soon be richer by 1 giant crochet blanket, 1 baby jacket and 8 baby hats of varying sizes.

I get a mini buzz when I manage to send off a parcel.  It's a good feeling to clear the decks.  I now officially have only 1 project in progress.  But that will change just as soon as I have some free time to myself!

6 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful weekend with your family! That's a very nice box of items for the charity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean Una, it's great to clear the decks, I have so much stuff lying around that needs sorting at the moment. Have a great week with your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those lovelies... The kids that receive them will be thrilled I know.... Have a great time with your guests.... Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful items that will be well received. I just read your last post too, and marveled at the 4 to a bed without a blanket between you! Think what a wonderful gift you have given some child now :) Have a great week Una. Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you all have a lovely get together. Lovely
    gifts that everyone will love.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! That little sweater is especially precious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.