Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Friday 13 June 2014

Jack and Jill hats...




I've nearly finished the big crochet blanket.  But today was the hottest day of the year so far and the last few days have been hot as well....hardly conducive to crocheting giant blankets.  So I pulled out my favourite hat pattern and knitted another two in newborn size.  

I know I didn't buy this yarn, so it must have been one of many generous donations.  I had just enough pink and blue in a slightly strange knobbly texture which wasn't very easy to knit with.  But these little hats are quick to make and will keep two new babies snug.  I will pop them into the charity box as soon as the big blanket is finished.

These hats reminded me of twins I knew many years ago.  They were known as Jack and Jill when they were children even though those were not their real names. Memories...

5 comments:

  1. Una these are too cute for words and will make adorable hats for some little sweeties. Can't wait to see your blanket. Sorry for not visiting for a while the old day job has been keeping me very busy! Wonderful to read your blog Una, always good fun. Big hugs and loves, Dorothyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute hats :-) Happy weekend and enjoy the sunshine! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet little hats, Una. I know what you mean about those knobbly type yarns - they don't knit up very smoothly or evenly. But as you say, they'll keep a baby's head nice and snug. Looking forward to seeing your big blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely hats Una you are so lucky to be having such nice weather. It's raining here again and I need to cut the grass! I'm making hats too it's something I never seem to get tired of doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful.... The pink one is to due for!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.