Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Monday 30 June 2014

Kindle cover completed......





I usually like to have one slow and one fast work in progress.  This was last week's fast one; a knitted Kindle or iPad cover for my sister who is into gadgets like these.  I found the pattern in a library book but sadly didn't make a note of the author and title.  It was very easy to knit as it is simply a long piece of knitting folded almost in half with a couple of inches remaining to use as a button flap.

The only difficult part of the pattern was the horizontal button holes which take three rows of stocking stitch to complete.  I pulled out two botched attempts and eventually found an online tutorial for a one-row horizontal button hole which looked much neater.  Here is the tutorial:




The buttons don't show up clearly in the photo but they are lovely chunky black buttons that I have had for years.  I can't remember where they came from, but I probably cut them off an old garment.  I never throw away buttons!

I rarely recommend yarn, but this one is worth a mention.  It is Wendy Aran 400g which is a mix of wool and acrylic.  It is pale silvery grey with tiny black fuzzy threads throughout.  It was lovely to knit with and I have lots left over for scarves or hats.


5 comments:

  1. The best part about electronic gadgets is the need to cover them all with wooly goodness ;) This looks very cute and should keep Kindle and sister happy. I particularly like the name of the yarn. Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little pattern. So simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The case is gorgeous! I really like the wool, will have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Kindle cover, Una! Your sister will get a lot of use out of it. I made one for my Kindle and use it whenever I travel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great Una, I bet your sister is so pleased with it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.